13/05/2015

Eggs bhurji - recipe

If you are like me, breakfast in weekends are somewhat more advanced than they are on weekdays. They often include an omelet or scrambled eggs, and often turn into a brunch/lunch/long-meal-kind-of-thing. These days, I have a big crush on a more spicy Indian cousin of my weekend eggs - (blame it on the amazing Indian cuisine), and this has become one of my top weekend egg favorites. So, if you are looking to spice up your weekend brunch/lunch/breakfast - do give this recipe a try! 

Egg bhurji


For 2-4 persons you need:
6 eggs
3 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 green chili, chopped
1-2 onions, chopped
1 tsp shredded ginger
1 tsp shredded garlic
6 curry leafs
1/2 tsp cumin seeds 
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp garam masala
salt 
oil
fresh coriander

You do:
Add oil to a pan and fry cumin seeds and curry leafs a bit. Then add onions, ginger, garlic, chili, garam masala and turmeric. Then add the tomatoes. Fry for a bit and mix well, before you add the eggs. Taste if you want salt and garnish with coriander. Serve hot with bread or rice.

Colorful, tasty and easy to make. Enjoy!  

Ready for a long lazy weekend breakfast? (or was it lunch?): 



16 comments:

  1. Looks nice and easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love egg bhurji n toast! Haven't made it since our move. Good you reminded, Sunday breakfast it shall be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious! I will have to try it one of these weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just had this for breakfast this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Egg Bhurji and your recipe seems better than mine so I am gonna try this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I have printed that off for future use! Sounds delicious - though unfortunately, I have just been shopping and didn't by eggs. Another trip to the shops methinks!
    Anabel's Travel Blog
    Adventures of a retired librarian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh we haven't had this for ages! It's too hot at the moment to eat eggs here, but this one's on my breakfast menu the day the temperatures drop a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Eli,
    Thank you so much for sharing this yummy looking and tasting recipe!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so tempting! Feel like taking a bite from your plate :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Egg bhurji...love it! And this one looks so tempting! Will have it for my breakfast tomorrow!☺

    ReplyDelete
  11. Y not try Indian cottage cheese in place of egg!!! tat too tastes good n tempts to have it daily!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds interesting, as long as those chilis are not too hot. I think we might give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmm, might have to give this a whirl. I have never eaten my eggs this spicy but there is always a first time for everything. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. I must pass this onto my DD, she loves Indian food. I've only eaten it once and wasn't a fan. I've never heard of garam salsa, is it also a hot spicy? I would probably want less curry and maybe not the pepper...sounds too hot for me, but I do love a good lazy breakfast/brunch on wkends, particularly in the winter.

    Sandy at Bridge and Beyond

    ReplyDelete
  15. Popping in to say hi,hope all is well with you.

    Sandy at Bridge and Beyond

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for taking your time to leave one.