What a loving gift I got that day
it sure does keep sorrows away
a sign of beauty and courage too
and love and joy - to me from you
a sign that the past should stay back there
to dare to love, to live right here
to seek the good in every day
be brave and then some day you may-
- just know that you have landed right
a sense of peace - both day and night
in your soul and heart, its rooted deep
that's all you need, to take the leap
to fly like the hummingbird, to do what you like most
a bit of it backwards, so to view some old ghosts
then just leave it behind, let it go, fly away
find your courage to live and love-
- your way
A large bouquet of roses red, and in the middle, my hummingbird:
- The hummingbird is a tiny colourful bird. Its's name comes from the fact that it flaps it's wings so fast (about 80 times per second) that it makes a humming noise. The fluttering wings of the hummingbird move in the pattern of an infinity symbol - making it a symbol of eternity, continuity, and infinity.
- The hummingbird can fly right, left, up, down and even upside down! It is the only bird able to fly backwards. Maybe in that way it can teach us that:yes, we can look back on our past, but at the same time: we must not dwell on it - we still need to move forward.
- The hummingbird is a symbol of love, joy, and beauty. Just think of the hummingbird when it hovers over flowers, never stopping, always searching for that sweetest nectar. Yes, we can also savour each moment, follow our dreams, our own nectar and appreciate the things we love. We can enjoy flowers, aromas and tastes. We can smile and enjoy creation, we can appreciate the good in life, the beauty of the present moment, and the magic of being alive.
- The hummingbird is a creature that opens the heart. When the hurt that caused us to close our hearts gets a chance to heal, our hearts are free to open again.
Symbolic of the hummingbird:
- Lightness of being, enjoyment of life
- Being more present
- Bringing playfulness and joy in your life
- Lifting up negativity
- Swiftness, ability to respond quickly
- Expose yourself to joy and love
- Enjoy life’s simple pleasures and take time to enjoy yourself.
The prime message of the hummingbird symbol is: "The sweetest nectar is within!"